Marketplace: Community Guidelines
Feedback and contributions from real service provider customers are cornerstones of our UpCity Marketplace. In order to ensure our Marketplace remains fair and provides valuable information, please review our guidelines below before leaving a review, comment, or information request:
You are entitled and encouraged to be honest and frank in your feedback about your relationships with agencies in our Marketplace. However, using the Marketplace feedback functionality to demand payment or remediation is not an appropriate use of the Marketplace and any related content will be removed. UpCity reserves the right to revoke partnership status or remove agencies from our marketplace who are found in violation of these guidelines at any time.
To ensure that comments and reviews are relevant to the content of our Marketplace, we require that you have a prior or existing business relationship with a service provider (as a client or vendor) to leave a review. Any reviews found to be in violation of this guideline will be removed.
We encourage you to speak your mind and be honest with your feedback and comments, but hate speech, lewd or demeaning language, threats, and harassment will not be tolerated whatsoever.
Before submitting or posting any comments or reviews in the Marketplace, ensure that your remarks are relevant to the Marketplace and appropriate for the venue. Using Marketplace reviews to discuss something such as a service provider’s political beliefs, hiring behaviors, or affiliations do not address the core goals of the UpCity Marketplace and will be removed.
Divulging personal information or other sensitive details about a service provider or their employees will not be tolerated, and any identifying information will be removed.
Bias & Conflict of Interest
Comments or reviews should be objective, fact-based, and without bias. This includes writing self-reviews, submitting reviews for a business owned by a friend or family member, or submitting reviews of your competitors’ businesses.
Your service provider profile is your place to show your service provider personality and have a little bit of fun. However, your profile is not to be used as a promotions and marketing tool. Things like coupon codes, discount links, or other promotional materials should not be used in your profile information and will be removed.
Originality & Authenticity
Any comments or reviews submitted through the UpCity Marketplace should be original & come from their original source. Content & reviews that are found elsewhere online or otherwise duplicated will be removed.
Exploitation & Remediation
You are entitled and encouraged to be honest and frank in your feedback about your relationships with agencies in our Marketplace. However, using the Marketplace feedback functionality to demand payment or remediation is not an appropriate use of the Marketplace and any related content will be removed.
UpCity Integrity Policy for Service Providers
The success of the UpCity Marketplace is dependent on UpCity’s ability to help businesses identify service providers they can trust. That trust is built on the credibility and recommendability of the providers who participate in the UpCity community. This Integrity Policy outlines the expectations for providers that claim their profile in the UpCity marketplace, and, further, for those providers that become an UpCity Certified Partner.
The UpCity Community
By claiming your profile in the UpCity marketplace, you agree to maintain the following qualifications as a recommendable service service provider:
- Location: Businesses frequently use UpCity to identify providers in their local market. Prior to claiming your profile, UpCity analysts will verify your location via your Google My Business listing. All providers in the marketplace are required to have a Google My Business listing. For those providers than have multiple cities, UpCity will review Google My Business listings for each location and verify that the provider has in-market resources via LinkedIn and phone call.
- Services Provided: In addition to location, businesses seek to find providers in the UpCity Marketplace by service provided, for example, web design, advertising, video production, etc. UpCity analysts will verify your services provided as detailed on your website, and, may request additional information if necessary to verify the services you provide. Service representation online or with additional information requested must persist at all times in order to be represented on all lists with the ability of UpCity to remove the customer from lists if they do not find evidence of offering such services.
- Vertical Expertise: Businesses seek to find providers in the UpCity Marketplace by vertical expertise, for example, healthcare, finance, real estate, hospitality, and more, expect providers on vertical lists to have particular experience and expertise in their particular industry. To be included on a vertical list, UpCity analysts will verify your vertical expertise as detailed on your website, and, may request additional information if necessary to verify the clients you serve. Vertical expertise must be represented online or with additional information requested and must persist at all times in order to be represented on all lists with the ability of UpCity to remove the customer from lists if they do not find evidence of offering such services.
- Profile Completion: UpCity uses the information you provide on your profile to highlight the providers to businesses that best suit their needs. Members of the UpCity community must maintain a Profile Score of at least 55. For information on your Profile Score, please email email@example.com. Additionally, your marketplace profile is your place to showcase your work and highlight your company’s culture. However, your profile is not to be used as a promotions and marketing tool. Things like coupon codes, discount links, or other promotional materials should not be used in your profile information and will be removed.
- Review Quality: At UpCity, we take the validity of our reviews very seriously. Help us fight fake reviews; all reviews must meet the Review Quality Standards detailed below.
By becoming a Certified Partner of UpCity, you will be featured in an elite group of providers that UpCity highlights as the most recommendable providers in the marketplace. As a Certified Partner, you agree to maintain the qualifications listed above for the UpCity Community. In addition, you agree to:
- Maintain a Profile Score of at least 90: You can view your Profile Score by logging in to the UpCity Partner Portal. Adding additional information about your business can help you quickly achieve this qualification as a Certified Partner.
Grow your recommendability by joining the UpCity Marketplace
Find a reputable B2B service provider you can trust.