Feedback and contributions from real service provider customers are cornerstones of UpCity. In order to ensure our community remains fair and provides valuable information, please review our guidelines below before leaving a review, comment, or information request:
UpCity reserves the right to revoke partnership status or remove businesses from our community who are found in violation of any of these guidelines at any time.
To ensure that comments and reviews are relevant to the content of our community, we require that you have a prior or existing business relationship with a service provider to leave a review. This includes but is not limited to past or current clients, prospective clients, and vendors. Any reviews found to be in violation of this guideline will be removed.
We encourage you to speak your mind and be honest with your feedback and comments, but hate speech, lewd or demeaning language, threats, and harassment will not be tolerated whatsoever.
Before submitting or posting any comments or reviews in UpCity, ensure that your remarks are relevant to the community and appropriate for the venue. Using reviews to discuss something such as a service provider’s political beliefs, hiring behaviors, or affiliations do not address the core goals of UpCity and will be removed. Reviews left by current or past employees will be removed.
Divulging personal information or other sensitive details about a service provider or their employees will not be tolerated, and any identifying information will be removed. Any reference to current or pending litigation will also be removed. However, employee names and job titles are not considered personal or protected information.
Bias & Conflict of Interest
Comments or reviews should be objective, fact-based, and without bias. This includes writing self-reviews, submitting reviews for a business owned by a friend or family member, or submitting reviews of your competitors’ businesses.
Your service provider profile is your place to show your service provider personality and have a little bit of fun. However, your profile is not to be used as a promotion and marketing tool. Things like coupon codes, discount links, or other promotional materials should not be used in your profile information and will be removed.
Originality & Authenticity
Any comments or reviews submitted through UpCity should be original and come from their original source. Content and reviews that are found elsewhere online or otherwise duplicated will be removed. If there are any indicators that a review is not original or authentic, our team reserves the right to reach out to the reviewer to obtain proof of a business relationship.
Exploitation & Remediation
You are entitled and encouraged to be honest in your feedback about your relationships with businesses in our community. However, using the UpCity feedback functionality to demand payment or remediation is not an appropriate use of the resource, and any related content will be removed.
UpCity Integrity Policy for Service Providers
The success of the UpCity community is dependent on UpCity’s ability to help businesses identify service providers they can trust. That trust is built on the credibility and recommendability of the providers who participate in the UpCity community. This Integrity Policy outlines the expectations for providers that claim their UpCity profile, and, further, for those providers that become an UpCity Certified Partner.
The UpCity Community
By claiming your profile in UpCity, you agree to maintain the following qualifications as a recommendable service provider:
- Location: Businesses frequently use UpCity to identify providers in their local market. Prior to claiming your profile, UpCity analysts will verify your location via your Google My Business listing. All providers in the community are required to have a Google My Business listing. For those providers that have multiple cities, UpCity will review Google My Business listings for each location and verify that the provider has in-market resources via LinkedIn and phone call.
- Services Provided: In addition to location, businesses seek to find providers in UpCity by service provided, such as web design, advertising, video production, etc. UpCity analysts will verify your services provided as detailed on your website and may request additional information if necessary to verify the services you provide. Service representation online or with additional information requested must persist at all times in order to be represented on all lists with the ability of UpCity to remove the customer from lists if they do not find evidence of offering such services.
- Vertical Expertise: Businesses seeking to find providers in UpCity by vertical expertise—such as healthcare, finance, real estate, hospitality, and more—expect providers on vertical lists to have particular experience and expertise in their specific industry. To be included on a vertical list, UpCity analysts will verify your vertical expertise as detailed on your website and may request additional information if necessary to verify the clients you serve. Vertical expertise must be represented online or with additional information requested and must persist at all times in order to be represented on all lists with the ability of UpCity to remove the customer from lists if they do not find evidence of offering such services.
- Profile Completion: UpCity uses the information you provide on your profile to highlight the providers to businesses that best suit their needs. Members of the UpCity community must maintain a Profile Score of at least 5.5—for information on your Profile Score, please email email@example.com. Additionally, your profile is your place to showcase your work and highlight your company’s culture. However, your profile is not to be used as a promotions and marketing tool. Things like coupon codes, discount links, or other promotional materials should not be used in your profile information and will be removed.
- Review Quality: At UpCity, we take the validity of our reviews very seriously. Help us fight fake reviews; all reviews must meet the Review Quality Standards detailed below.
By becoming a Certified Partner of UpCity, you will be featured in an elite group of providers that UpCity highlights as the most recommendable providers in the community. As a Certified Partner, you agree to maintain the qualifications listed above. In addition, you agree to:
- Maintain a Profile Score of at least 90: You can view your Profile Score by logging in to the UpCity Partner Portal. Adding additional information about your business can help you quickly achieve this qualification as a Certified Partner.