We have decades of combined experience in large enterprise systems. We can handle everything from building small web applications up to a web and mobile application scalable to tens of millions of users. As enterprise IT professionals, we have managed data-centers, built mobile apps, developed embedded software, and managed large web applications. We understand modern DevOps principals and actively work to promote and advance them.
We don't offer SEO or other marketing services, so you won't be pestered to sign up for these services. We focus on building and managing quality software products for our clients. We do share our experiences with how to best market the solutions we are building for our clients as that is critical to the success of any project.
Our development process combines the agility and time to market of a startup with the strict adherence to standards and quality of an enterprise. While we typically work using an agile process with two-week sprints, we can also work in a waterfall process if requested. Every billable hour is traceable back to a particular work item in our tracking system. You will never be left wondering what exactly you are being billed for.
- Our process is designed to avoid developing features that don't get used. Studies show that 80% of software features are rarely if ever, used. Whenever possible this should be predicted to avoid building these features in the first place.
- We focus on saving you money by utilizing open source components so that you're not paying to reinvent existing technologies. Most of these technologies do not require a paid license but do offer paid versions if 24/7 support is required.
- We recognize the importance of the (NUX) New User Experience to the success of any app. The long-term retention of users depends on a good first experience.
- We build in custom analytics to properly measure growth and retention.
- We analyze user behavior to recommend software changes that improve growth and retention (Growth Hacking).
- We utilize A/B testing to scientifically measure user behavior in different circumstances and decide which alternative should be utilized.
Our preferred mobile app framework is NativeScript. This allows us to quickly and efficiently develop native applications for both iOS and Android at minimal cost. We have experience with iOS Objective C/Swift and Android Java/C if the project requires it. For the backend servers, we offer a large number of options that will work in your data-center or cloud environments.
A typical mobile app project at OSG has five phases:
- Design - We work to understand the business value, determine the minimal viable product, and provide a systems design.
- Develop - Implement all required functionality broken down into 2-week cycles ("sprints") with demonstrations and feedback.
- Refine - Once a minimal product is complete, it's time to focus on usability and stability. Once again we break this work into short sprints with demos and feedback. In addition, we work with you to develop a comprehensive launch plan to get maximum traction upon release.
- Launch - Submit to the app stores and execute the Launch Plan
- Measure - Monitor app review, growth rates, and user retention. We resolve any technical issues and work on recommendations for changes and new functionality.