How is SaaS Development Different Than Other Software?
In addition to guest posting on the UpCity blog, Cloudester Software is featured as one of the Top Software Development Companies in the United States. Check out their profile!
Let’s go a few years back. Imagine yourself running a business organization and you need software installed for your operating system. What would you do? Call your software provider and request they load it up on your system right? Well, that’s the thing, no one does that anymore and this is because of Software-as-a-Service or SaaS Product Development Services.
What is Software-as-a-Service?
Let me easily explain SaaS. SaaS software is a procedure in which an application is delivered to you as a service through the internet. There is no need to buy or install software to get access to it, you can get it on-demand, simply search it on the internet and all those complicated procedures can be brought to an end. All you need is an internet connection. You can think of it as a bank that provides you with all the services and guarantees utmost security.
If you think that this is the first time you are hearing about SaaS, then you are wrong. Let me tell you, the email or the messaging app that you use on your device is the best example that I can give you of Software-as-a-service. In today’s generation, most businesses use Microsoft Outlook and these are the best examples of cloud-based services. In the era of Covid, apps like Microsoft Teams and Slack are taking over the world and this can prove as one of the prime business evolution.
What are the Benefits of Using a SaaS Model?
Now that we know how SaaS works, let’s look at SaaS offerings.
- Saves Time: It can be a hectic procedure to buy, install and update software in your system. But if you use the SaaS service, you can easily get access to all the software you require on the cloud and decrease downtime. It’s the most convenient way of using your manpower for other project management.
- Pricing: Buying software to install on your system is not only tiresome but costly. SaaS Product Development Services saves you from all that trouble and enables you to spend your budget on those things that need immediate attention. There is no need for buying or installing software in Cloud-based systems.
- Scalability: You don’t have to worry about buying hundreds of licenses for your Office 365. Now when you work on the SaaS management platform you’ll know that your cloud-based services scale as your business scales.
- Easy to Understand: Using SaaS services in your business is not as difficult as it sounds. On the contrary, it is quite easy to use. It is not like you have to waste all your manpower in engaging your employees in training, about how to install software on the computer system. With cloud services, all you need is an internet connection to get all the work done
- Easy Upgradable: There is no need to waste your resources while buying the upgraded release now and in the future. The SaaS providers made it available to you with just a few steps and you don’t have to waste your resources and time while opting for a new upgrade, as it avails to you automatically.
- Accessibility and Data Storage: All you need is internet connectivity to get access to all the SaaS services. SaaS data is also backed up frequently in the cloud which not only reduces the chance of losing your data but it also secures the data center from any data breach.
Hear From Industry Experts
Read the latest tips, research, best practices, and insights from our community of expert B2B service providers.
What are Managed Services, and How are They Different From SaaS Applications?
Well, SaaS work is limited to providing software to the companies wherein managed services aim one step higher than SaaS. They provide services to their customers like help with networking and other hardware that they require. Let’s take an example of a company using SaaS through CRM. The companies can access all their databases on the cloud. But as soon as the companies start to use the CRM to provide customers with one-to-one interaction or taking help in analyzing various data, it becomes managed services.
While SaaS can provide all the services at a low cost, managed services are cheaper. Although, the services provided by managed services are way vast than those provided by Saas. They are the compilation of all the advantages of using SaaS plus all those extra works like management of the software, upgrade of new technologies, or creating a better-integrated workflow. Managed service can be said as an updated version of SaaS with more features and Services, and it completely depends on you whether you want to choose managed service or you want to go with SaaS.
In my opinion, if you are the owner of a certain type of company that is looking for software that gets all your basic functions done at a limited cost, then SaaS solutions will be the best for you. But if you own a company that needs help with all the management, up-gradation, and integration of your database, then managed services are the ideal choice.
So in conclusion, the only way to choose the right software provider is to choose according to your own needs and requirements of your large or small businesses.