The Top 3 Instagram Video Updates You Need To Know In 2022
In addition to guest posting on the UpCity blog, New Evolution Video is featured as one of our Top Commercial Production Companies in the United States. Check out their profile here.
500,000 million. That’s the number of people who use Instagram every day. This makes it the fourth most used social media platform behind Facebook, YouTube, and WhatsApp.
That’s right–the potential to reach your audience through Instagram is huge!
Even more interesting for you as a business owner, 90% of people on the platform follow at least one business account. Yet, to be successful on Instagram as a brand, you need to make sure you leverage all the tools and features available.
Now, keeping up to date with new video updates on every social media platform can be time-consuming. That’s why we’ve put together this quick guide for you, highlighting the top Instagram video updates you should know about in 2022.
Instagram Launches IG Live Scheduling
This update is a game-changer for businesses. Before Instagram Live Scheduling, there was no option for brands and content creators to schedule a live event. This new tool makes scheduling and promoting a Live much easier by allowing you to schedule your event up to 90 days in advance!
The app has come up with three features within IG Live scheduling, including:
- The Live Creation Form: via this form, your audience can book their spot in advance. This is useful because it means that you can now easily forecast how many people will attend, allows you to ramp up your promotion efforts if needed, and better prepare for the Live session.
- Stories Sticker: the new Stories sticker enables content creators to promote their Live event in their feed, create countdown Stories, and build hype for their event. These stickers also make your event shareable. What’s more, your followers can sign up to receive reminders that your Live is starting soon.
- A Practice Mode Feature: this way, you can test your Live setup before getting started and ensure a smooth event.
Another major benefit of using Live Scheduling is that it makes you accountable for your Lives, ensuring consistency. Now, consistency is key to building a loyal following and a successful brand on Instagram.
Creation Of Instagram Video
Remember IGTV? Well, it’s now a thing of the past.
IGTV was Instagram’s attempt to rival YouTube’s long-form content. Unfortunately, the tool wasn’t as successful as Instagram anticipated.
Yet, the app isn’t dialing down on promoting video content. Quite the opposite. After all, video content is king these days. The latest marketing research shows that over 78% of consumers watch online videos every week. You might even be one of them.
So, instead of giving up on long-form video content, Instagram has combined IGTV and feed videos and rebranded them as Instagram Video. With the new feature, app users can now see all of the video content of an Instagram account under the same tab, making it easier and quicker to browse.
The social media giant has announced that this new format will make your video content more visible and easier to create thanks to some new options, including:
- 60-second video previews
- Location and people tagging
- Ability to trim the video and add special filters
- Uploading captions
Note that these videos can be up to one hour in length. Instagram Video can help you build and strengthen connections with your audience and add another tool to your content promotion toolbox.
Hear From Industry Experts
Read the latest tips, research, best practices, and insights from our community of expert B2B service providers.
Major Instagram Reels Update
Sixty-eight percent of consumers will watch a branded video if it’s under one minute.
Short-form videos have taken over the world over the last couple of years, driven by video social media platform TikTok. Reels are Instagram’s version of TikTok’s short-form videos. Due to the tremendous success of short videos, they represent a powerful tool for brands and content creators looking to increase their following and boost their brand awareness.
It’s no secret, TikTok’s fun and engaging video format has gained incredible popularity in a short period. Some of the app’s most popular features include lip-syncing, karaoke live sessions, or reaction videos. And in a bid to compete with TikTok, Instagram has recently stepped up its game with its Reels, introducing three new effects:
- Superbeat: this new feature automatically applies new effects on a video based on the beat of the song users have picked for their Reel.
- Dynamic lyrics: “dynamic lyrics” is a new karaoke-style effect allowing Insta users to display lyrics to a Reel. This way, followers can sing along while watching the video.
- 3D lyrics: 3D lyrics have the same purpose as dynamic lyrics, but they can make your Reels even more engaging by showing the lyrics in a 3D format.
New Collab Option
Now, this new feature is really exciting, especially if you’re used to collaborating with other brands or content creators. While not specifically a video update, it also applies to Instagram video posts. But what’s this new collaboration feature exactly?
Moving forwards, companies and content creators will be able to easily co-publish content thanks to a new feature allowing users to add two usernames to a post or Reels. The content will then appear on both accounts, and so will the likes and comments.
This is major news because it will increase the reach and engagement of one post by combining two audiences, opening new opportunities for collaborating partners.
How To Nail Your Next Instagram Video?
We hope this article provided some useful insights into the new Instagram video features you should be using if you aren’t already. Always remember to use Instagram and other social media platforms to impact people, not to impress people. And to do so, nothing is better than showcasing the authentic side of your brand, leveraging the power of video and storytelling. This will allow you to build a loyal following over time.