As you may have noticed, here at UpCity we are very excited about our recently launched Social Marketing solution.
Today, we’re kicking off a six week Social Marketing series on our blog, where we’ll discuss some key aspects of social media management, what makes it such a valuable addition to your marketing mix, and the tactics that make it effective—all important topics for you to consider if you’re on the hunt for the right tool to scale your social media and content marketing campaigns.
First things first—what is social marketing and social media management? In a nutshell, it’s the practice of building, monitoring, and growing a presence via social media. It requires a wide range of skills and abilities to do it well: content creation, PR, reputation management, digital analytics, and of course content marketing, to name just a few. And it requires a deep understanding of your target audience and how they use their social media platforms of choice.
Social media and content marketing are a natural fit. Even the best content isn’t worth the time and effort invested to create it if no one sees it, and you can’t grow an engaged social media community if you don’t have fresh, frequent, quality content to offer users. Content marketing was identified as the top priority for marketers in 2013; in 2015, 77% of B2C marketers and 86% of B2C marketers are engaged in content marketing. And while 92% of B2B marketers report that they currently employ social media content in their digital marketing, only 35% say they have a documented content strategy. Clearly, marketers recognize the value of social content—but many aren’t utilizing tactics to their full potential.
Over the next six weeks, we’ll review in depth the tactics you’ll need to succeed in social content marketing.
- Week 2 – Building a Social Media Following + Community: We’ll discuss the strategies and best practices that will help you grow and manage a social media following.
- Week 3 – All About Hashtags (#): We’ll examine the hashtag: where did it come from? Why is it useful? How do consumers and marketers use hashtags in the present?
- Week 4 – Top Social Networks + Where You Should Participate: We’ll profile the most popular social networks, delving into data to illustrate key differences between them, their user bases, and the tactics that will (and won’t) work for each.
- Week 5 – Content to Share on Social Networks: We’ll shift our focus to content and explore which types of content should be shared where, and why. If you’ve been strapped for new content ideas or struggling to keep up with content production, then this is the post you won’t want to miss.
- Week 6 – Measuring Your Social Success: In this final post, we’ll sign off by giving you guidelines for evaluating the success of your social content marketing. How will you know that it worked? What metrics should you pay attention to, and why are they important? How will those numbers inform future strategy decisions? 52% of marketers say that analysis of social marketing is their biggest challenge. We’ll provide you with all the answers.
We’re very excited to get the ball rolling! Stay tuned for our second Tactics of Social Marketing post next Tuesday, June 23rd.