Each week, we scour the web to uncover valuable articles and blog posts for our readers on the topics of inbound marketing, local optimization, search optimization, social media, and much more.
Welcome to our first roundup of the year! Although it’s a new year, we’re still doing our best to compile the best articles in the inbound marketing world. There are a lot of amazing things on the horizon with mobile, social, and especially search.
Let’s take a look at some of our top blog posts from earlier this week!
- Marketing is moving at an extremely quick pace and the trends show no signs of it slowing down. Check out the top six trends for SEO to look out for this year by Dot Com Infoway.
- Here are some more future predictions in marketing and SEO this year by Rand Fishkin! Really insightful stuff.
- Prepare yourself for what is to come in search by running tests on SEO. Setup your test environment and learn about the top three search tests that will give you an edge by Griffin Roer.
- Where do the top experts in the industry see SEO heading in the next 12 months? BrightRED puts together some interesting commentary for us to read.
- If your target market is the current generation of teenagers, you’ll want to read this excellent piece of writing on how they view today’s array of social media platforms. Andrew Watts has the full story.
- Are you curious about creating a social video that could potentially go viral? Mike Bal takes us step-by-step through the process of video creation right from your smartphone.
- What are your top three social networks to use? Adi Domocos gathers 24 expert opinions on the implications of their top three social media networks.
- Social media marketing can be difficult to figure out for business owners. However, refocusing your goals and learning new techniques could prove a better outcome. Veronica Athanasiou writes a smart post on the topic.
- How’s your local SEO? Make sure you’re putting in the work to ensure your local visibility is sound! Greg Gifford presents the big picture in a post.
- Duplicate listings can come in many forms if you’re not careful. This is why you need to be particular when creating them. Phil Rozek takes the liberty of showing us 12 kinds of duplicate content in local SEO.
- If you’re one of the very, very few businesses that doesn’t have a website or hasn’t started social media… get on it! Kylie Brooks tells us the importance of her three tips to improving upon your local marketing this year.
- Growth hacking, content marketing, email conversions, and more are here in this insightful podcast interview with the CEO of VideoFruit by Eric Su. Have a listen!
- Email isn’t just for reading anymore. Increase engagement in your email marketing with videos! Sezion has the full story.
- Going deep into your content strategy can yield spectacular results for your bottom line (acquiring customers). Jeff Bedford gives us six research tactics for us to create a robust content strategy.
- Short on content ideas this month? Make room to use these five excellent ideas for content marketing by Armando Roggio.
- How much copy is too much copy for your homepage? Does it tend to be so much that it distracts visitors or so little that they ignore it? Jennifer Havice helps us determine the adequate amount in this post.
- Comment marketing is often used by bloggers in order to gain exposure via discussion under blog posts (comment spam takes advantage of this). Learn about the more positive aspects of the art In this article by Joseph Gojo Cruz.
- Improve your mobile marketing by focusing on the consumer instead. This quick post by Kelly Wrather sheds light on this mindset.
- Mobile matters more than ever now, with the variety of mobile devices on the rise and with trends displaying heavily in its favor. Aaron Strout goes in-depth on five key mobile marketing trends this year.
- Mobile commerce, wearables, mobile payments, and more! A lot is set to happen in the mobile market very soon. Raja Rajamannar cites 15 mobile trends to watch unfold.
- Tim Ash teaches us seven resolutions for increased conversions for your website. Read closely!
- Here’s another great way to increase conversions to your web landing page: scarcity. Read this interesting post by The SiteTuners on how fear of loss helps with converting customers.
- One of the keys to better conversion rates is making it easier for customers to buy from you and find what they’re looking for at the same time. Taruna Manchanda puts up an ingenious case study relevant in this respect.
- What is really driving your high quality conversions? Amanda West-Bookwalter informs us on finding what drives our converted customers.
- It’s time to properly manage your online reputation in 2015. Here’s our guide written by Sally Falkow to get you on the right track.
- Angely Grecia offers another helpful guide to making sure your brand reputation is spotless this year.
The list above includes some of the most interesting articles we caught in our streams this week. If you want to share other great inbound marketing news, please let us know below in the comments.