Top 25 Inbound Marketing Articles of the Week: December 19, 2014
Each week, we scour the web to uncover valuable articles and blog posts for our readers on the topics of inbound marketing, local optimization, search optimization, social media, and much more.
Check it! It’s our final roundup before the holidays officially begin! No major news from the bigger players (Facebook, Google, or Twitter), but a lot of inbound marketing news is still rolling out. Get all your reading in before the holiday cheer begins!
Here are our top 25 inbound marketing articles of the week:
- Any ideas why a great UX is imperative for search marketing? Here are five marketing experts here to explain the power in smart user experience and design. Darren Dematas puts their opinions together for us to read.
- Google has a lot of tools under its belt; don’t be afraid to try out a new tool for the benefit of your website. Get better metrics related to search trends using the Google Trends tool! Tad Chef is back to walk through insights for local keyword research.
- Search engine optimization has been around for quite some time. Check out SEO’s evolution using this infographic Irfan Ahmad has featured.
- We’re back to debunking some SEO myths! Here are five misconceptions that you should ignore highlighted by Nick Jakubowski.
- Success in social media is not going to come from simple interaction alone. It has to be a part of a much bigger narrative that your site pushes. Bob Deutsch explains the significance of your brand’s social narrative.
- How much of an impact is your social media having on your business reach? Use these six tips Gerhard Stog for a better idea of social impact.
- There’s always a shortcut you can take to move out far ahead of the competition. Jeffrey Romano shares seven social media hacks to focus on testing.
- It was once considered that getting a high number of shares and likes meant that content engagement was high. We’ve learned now that there’s not enough information in those metrics to prove actionably useful. Adam Schoenfeld sheds light on the problem with social engagement.
- Whatever you decide to do with your local SEO in 2015, make sure you get these tips done. Lindsey Schnabel gives us three foolproof marketing tips you should plan to carry out.
- Local marketing may not be a big focus for all of us with social media and content marketing often taking the center stage. However, local marketing is still important. Jaykishan Panchal unveils eight fatal local mistakes you can fix today.
- Here are some excellent marketing predictions for local businesses in 2015! The CEO of Yodle, Court Cunningham, shares his thoughts.
- Email marketing continues to show its strength in garnering subscribers. However, marketers have to edit their emails to adapt to the mobile era. Vince Smith talks about the power in email marketing (and posts an infographic)!
- Jordan Elkind demonstrates in this post that mobile and email marketing have gone hand-in-hand this year!
- Although these tips are described as being for financial advisors, they can go a long way for the average email marketer. Andrew Chung posts some invaluable knowledge for us to take in.
- Mr. Social reminds us of six worthy content marketing strategies we can use for our blogs!
- We’ve all come across some awesome infographics this year. William Wickey points out nine of the most shared infographics from across the web.
- How much money should you invest into content marketing? That depends on how much you want to put into lead generation and brand awareness. Brad Shorr gives us the full breakdown on this topic.
- Pay attention to the three pillars of content quality presented by the folks at Bing. Rob May puts these pillars into perspective with this smashing post!
- Mobile navigation is obviously important for mobile marketing design. Chelsea Adams presents six mobile-friendly practices you should keep in mind.
- Mobile marketing has unleashed a golden age of brand awareness capabilities that companies can take advantage of. Marla Schimke has the full story.
- If you’re trying to increase your mobile app growth metrics, use these hacks to help your testing. Rahul Varshneya posts four actionable hacks right here.
- Here’s an excellent podcast on mobile acquisition and conversion rates with Mattan Griffel. GrowthOnion has the episode lined up.
- Alex Harford teaches us how to increase conversions with properly optimized SEO product images. Here’s the full article.
- Keep your reputation in check with these business reputation tips from Reputation X!
- Social media is a terrific way to keep your online reputation in line. Jean Dion lists five smart ways to incorporate LinkedIn.
The list above includes some of the most interesting articles we caught in our streams this week. If you want to share other great inbound marketing news, please let us know below in the comments.