This week’s roundup includes tips to drive more sales with email marketing, improve the performance of your content marketing campaigns, and grow your audience with social media. Learn how to increase the conversion rate of your website and rank for Google’s featured snippets. We’ve covered all of this news and much more below!
From the UpCity Blog:
- Our own manager of SEO and social media, Jordan Stella, sat down with Robert Weiss, vice president of sales & marketing at MultiVision Digital, to discuss why MultiVision Digital doesn’t like to describe themselves as a video production company, how they integrate marketing and video for their clients, and more!
- Chad Faith shares 10 proven methods for amplifying your B2B e-commerce conversion rate.
- Follow these tips from Sean Christman to learn how to write guest blog pitches that almost guarantee a reply.
- Find out whether Twitter chats are still effective and relevant in 2019 with help from Lauren Snyder.
- Michael Facchinello discusses why minimalism is an effective web design strategy and how you can implement it on your site.
- The Cole Dalton blog discusses how repurposing old content can generate traffic and benefit your business.
- Follow these tips from Corey Morris to maximize your content marketing budget.
- Annie Ianko draws special attention to the value metrics of content marketing that can help marketers maximize their success.
- Travis Gonzalez highlights the significance of a cross functional content strategy.
- Learn how live video, influencer marketing, and voice search can impact your content marketing strategy with help from Michael Brenner’s blog.
- Rachel Schultz lists the strategies that can improve site search and increase your conversion rate.
- Rodney Warner highlights reliable conversion strategies for driving more visitors and increasing sales.
- Simba Dube draws special attention to different A/B tests that can boost conversions of your website.
- Pierre Sommer’s blog highlights the tactics and key elements that can grab visitors’ attention and increase your conversion rate.
- Vincent Panepinto offers guidance to help beginners drive more sales with email marketing.
- Isabell Gaylord discusses how email marketing can increase brand awareness and provide real time outreach for your business.
- Craig McBreen discusses how strategies such as managing online reviews and writing content with a local focus can boost your local SEO efforts.
- Goingclear’s blog emphasizes the need for creating a Google My Business profile and optimizing your location pages to rank in Google’s local pack.
- Learn how to optimize your website for mobile user engagement with help from Sneha Rawat’s blog.
- Learn how strategies such as claiming your business, responding to reviews, and encouraging customers to leave reviews can improve your online reputation with these tips from Hannah Roberts’s blog.
Search Engine Optimization:
- Mysti French offers guidance to help marketers rank for Google’s featured snippets.
- Chris Kirksey highlights different types of structured data and offers guidance to add schema markup to your site.
- Learn about Google’s update on review snippets that imposes limits to where rich results can trigger, from Roger Montti’s blog.
- George Nguyen discusses the impact of the recent update on Google’s nofollow attribute for marketers.
- Lounge Lizard’s blog offers useful tips to help marketers improve the ROI of their social media marketing campaigns.
- John Messick emphasizes the need to utilize stories, optimize your accounts, and have conversations with your audience to improve your social media presence.
- Learn how to grow your audience with social media with help from Chris Christoff’s blog.
- Jeff Sullivan draws special attention to the approaches that can help marketers bring more clarity to their projects.
- Mark Coleman discusses how smart CSS grids, motion design, and asymmetric layouts will trend in the field of website design in 2020.
- Ali Rahber offers guidance to help small businesses drive more traffic and make their websites user friendly for customers.