As the year comes to a close, we highlight the top blog posts we’ve come across this past year in various categories that are relevant to your average small business owner. SEO, local marketing, social media, and more are just some of the topics we cover in our ‘Best of 2014’ roundup series. In today’s post, we’re collecting the best web design posts of the year!
Web design is one of the most important aspects of your business website. Not only does it represent your brand, but it also demonstrates how your company presents itself. Web design questions like “do this company have a mobile website?” and “are these selling points aspects I care about when searching for a solution?” should be answered in the affirmative. The posts that we’re about to highlight today address the vast majority of owners’ concerns. Web design is not easy to perfect, but with the right guidance and tools, you can bring your site far beyond that of your competitors.
Let’s not keep you waiting any longer: the top 15 web design posts for 2014 are here!
- Responsive design is all the rage in your everyday online circles. Learn the tricks of the trade and get better at it by reading Nick Pettit’s guide to 2014 Responsive Web Design!
- You may know what a bad website looks like, but what is good responsive web design? Paige Howarth gives us more than 60 examples of great responsive design.
- While site structure is paramount to a good-looking website, the colors on that site matter just as much. Take a look at 12 terrific web design color schemes in this post.
- WordPress is one of the predominant pillars of web development and design for the DIY webmaster. Get all the info you need to know on the platform in these 60 WordPress tutorials compiled by Kerrie Hughes.
- When you’re in a bind looking for the right formatting or visibility filters for jQuery, where do you find the answer? You find them in your friendly available cheat sheet on the web! Varun Kumar puts together 30 for programmers and developers.
- Your web design process should be meticulous and calculated for the best looking website. New Design Group presents an infographic with a process all laid out for you to emulate.
- Web designers and developers can sometimes have trouble communicating. Learn how to bridge the gap with this article by Jo Franchetti.
- You can never have too many options when it comes to website themes. Julia Starlark presents the top 50 business themes for WordPress and Joomla.
- If you’re a web designer, there are certainly going to be web design trends that you don’t like that constantly resurface. Mike Porter presents five web trends that everybody hates!
- Take a look at the most common web design mistakes designers make on their websites! Jacob McMillen is here with the article.
- How well are you reading up on web design and development? Here are 10 web design blogs and websites you should be reading to become master of your craft by Sam Nute.
- Here are even more web design learning resources you should know about! All 20 are listed by Taimur Asghar.
- You know what else matters in modern-day web design. Size. Size matters a great deal. Laura Franz shows us how balancing font size and line length contributes to our reading ability on websites.
- Three more web design mistakes you can’t afford to make are right here! Sukesh Jakharia writes the article that should end these problems once and for all.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our top favorites! This isn’t a definitive list, so let us know your favorite web design articles in the comments below.