How to Submit Your Site to the Best of the Web Local Directory
Online marketing can be tiring! That’s where UpCity comes in. As a trusted advocate for small businesses, we’re here to navigate you through the piles of confusing and suspicious offers. UpCity will lead you in the right direction by providing easy insights and simple solutions for your business marketing plan. Members receives an in-depth, personalized action plan to help optimize their site, and our team is here to help you along the way. Each week, we’re featuring an in-depth look at one of the recommended tasks built into the UpCity software.
Background of Best of the Web Local
Best of the Web Local is a free commercial web directory founded in 1994 and conceived at the University of Buffalo. The relevant listings offers business owners and viewers a clean categorization of their websites.
Today, Best of the Web Local provides detailed information for more than 16 million businesses across the US. Moreover, the directory offers two versions of access: Jumpstart and Premium listings. The Jumpstart listings require a simple signup process in addition to a fee of $1.95 per month. The Premium listings cost $9.95 per month or $99.95 a year, and offers the ability to list your best selling brands, link to your business website, and other features.
Adding your local listing to the directory will increase traffic and improve your online visibility. Not only that, but these listings rank well in the major search engines, like Bing and Google. The profile pages of these specific listings also serve as valuable citations in Google Places.
Ready to take your local listings up to a stronger local directory? Let’s get started by walking you through the process!
How to Claim Your Jumpstart Business Listing in Best of the Web Local
1. Begin at Best of the Web Local Business Directory.
2. Click the “Sign Up!” button on the homepage to get started.
3. On the next page, you will be able to choose between logging in as a returning customer or creating a new BOTW Account. Click “I am a new customer,” and hit Continue.
4. You will then be prompted to fill in your Social Networks, Contact Information, and Payment Details. All fields will need to be accurate and correct. Once you hit Continue, your credit card will be charged $1.99, and you will receive a confirmation email to verify your account.
Note: If you already own a listing, you will be prompted to enter your Payment Details to complete the signup process.
How to Claim Your Premium Business Listing in Best of the Web Local
1. Click “Go Premium” on the Jumpstart Listing page. Then click “Build Your Premium Listing Now!” Follow the steps three and four above, as the process is nearly identical.
2. The key difference between the two types of subscriptions is in the Payment Details. You have the option to pay either $9.95 monthly or $99.95 annually. You will be able to take advantage of the Premium features once you receive your confirmation email.
We hope that this guide has been helpful in guiding you through the listing process. It should be quick and easy, ensuring that you receive the best targeted web traffic for your business.
UpCity members, follow this pathway to complete this task in your UpCity account: Optimize Your Presence > Expand Your Presence > Local 102: Top Local Directories.
Looking for more Local SEO assistance for your business? Find great Local SEO partners in our Top Local Agency Marketplace!