We researched “how to list your business on Insider Pages for free,” and here’s what we found out. Guidelines for listing a new business on the popular review and info site have changed! Now, getting a new listing included in Insider Pages’ search results is a little trickier than before, but by following the researched and tested steps below, Up City can help you get that coveted business listing for no cost whatsoever.
Many small or local businesses are finding out that their patronage can live or die by their online presence and ratings. Making sure your business appears in more and higher quality online listings will help drive quality, targeted traffic to your site. This translates into more page views, more online conversion, and more profits. Online marketing can be a lot of work, and that’s where Up City comes in. As a trusted advocate for small businesses, we’re here to help you navigate through the mire of online marketing tools, some of which are worthwhile, while others are expensive timewasters. Up City will lead you in the right direction by providing easy insights and simple solutions for your business marketing plan. Members receive an in-depth, personalized action plan to help optimize their site, and our team is here to help you along the way. For instance, it’s not unlikely that you’ve looked up a local store’s hours, or scrolled through business reviews on a site like yelp, city-search, or Insider Pages. InsiderPages.com is a directory for local search listings and reviews. The site allows users in a community to search for businesses and services by name, category, or location. Business owners can gain complete control of their listing, while being enabled to keep track of comments and customer insights. Listing your business with them is a smart marketing step for many reasons, chief among them: if you follow our directions, the process is free!
While claiming an existing business listing as your own is rather simple directly through the sight, you can no longer easily submit a new listing through the Insider Pages home page. Again, here is where Up City can help you simplify your strategy and workload. We did the homework so you don’t have to. Here’s what InsiderPages.com has to say:
“If you do not see your business on Insider Pages and would like to add your business profile to our site, please work with our data provider, Info USA. They offer an Express Update service that allows merchants to update their listing data as well as add new businesses.”
How Do I Submit My Business to Insider Pages?
Translation? You can no longer submit a new business directly, you have to create an account at Info USA, and use the Express Update feature. But don’t worry, you can choose options that will end up costing you nothing:
- Your first stop is to head to www.expressupdate.com and type your business name into the search box at the top of the page. This is to make sure that your business hasn’t already been listed. If you find yourself there, check out the InsiderPages Frequently Asked Questions in order to find out “How do I claim my business?” If you do not find your business already listed, then continue to the next step.
- Head to the new submission page on Express Update. This service is provided by Info USA, and is free. They offer services that are protected by a pay wall, but this initial submission for listing is free.
- Enter as much information about your business as possible. In order to you’re your site to Insider Pages for free, Express Update will need you to provide your business’ physical address, phone number, and business category, like automotive, eating and drinking, retail, etc.
- You will also need to give Express Update some information about who you are in relation to the business you want to add. You will need to provide your affiliation, such as owner, CEO, or manager, and a phone number where you can be reached to discuss your listing.
- Then after creating an account, you’ll need to wait. You may be contacted at the phone number you provide if the service has any questions, but often you just need to sit tight. According to InsiderPages.com, “Once you’ve added your business please allow 1 – 2 months for the information to be on Insider Pages.”
- Once your business has been listed on Insider Pages, then you will be able to edit your listing information, add photos, respond to customer comments, and more, all for free!
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully submitted your site to Insider Pages. With a listing in this directory, you’ll be that much closer to gaining local relevance within your area, and increasing your ability to control your web presence.
Editor’s Note: This blog post originally appeared in July 2013. It has been updated to reflect pricing & offering changes, as well as newly available tools and solutions.
Looking for more Local SEO assistance for your business? Find great Local SEO partners in our Top Local Agency Marketplace!