Online marketing can be tiring! That’s where UpCity comes in. As a trusted advocate for small businesses, we’re here to navigate you through the piles of confusing and suspicious offers. UpCity will lead you in the right direction by providing easy insights and simple solutions for your business marketing plan. Members receive an in-depth, personalized action plan to help optimize their site, and our team is here to help you along the way. Each week, we’re featuring an in-depth look at one of the recommended tasks built into the UpCity software.
Background of Kudzu
We are excited to add Kudzu to our list of local tasks in the UpCity application this week! Our updates to the tasks allow for auto-verification of correct listings. Check out this recent blog post for more details.
Kudzu is a local directory that makes it easy for users to choose the best service providers in their area. It is home to honest, uncensored reviews on millions of businesses for homes, health, and other life services.
Kudzu offers a special platform for businesses to advertise their services so that community members and homeowners can purchase them in a timely manner. The service providers listed in Kudzu range anywhere from healthcare professionals to roofers and remodelers. Businesses can choose to slot their business in more than 300 categories and sub-categories. Kudzu helps customers find you more easily when you are categorized with trusted businesses containing similar attributes.
Kudzu allows you to submit your business under a Basic or Enhanced Listing option. Basic Listings are free of charge, and they give you the option to list key business information, categorize your services and specialities, display deals to your customers, and a link to your website. Although not necessary to sign up for, enhanced Listings are the paid alternative to Basic Listings. The Enhanced option grants you a higher position in search results and offers up to four business locations, displays promotional photos and videos, and enables you to respond to reviews.
Remember that the Kudzu local directory is optimized specifically for homeowner services. Make sure your business fits this description before you proceed. That being said, the process to submit your business to Kudzu is really quite simple!
How to List Your Business on Kudzu
1. Go to Kudzu.com and search for your business by entering in the Business Name, City, State, and Zip Code in the two text fields on the homepage.
2. If your business is unlisted, click “Click here to list it!” under “Are you a business owner?” at the bottom of the page.
How to Create a Free Listing on Kudzu
1. At this point, you have the option to choose between a Basic or Enhanced Listing. Click “Get Started” next to “Basic Profile” to begin the process.
2. First, you must set-up your information by entering the Username, Email Address, Password, and Security Question. Once you carefully fill in this information, hit the “Continue” button.
2. Next, you will be prompted to input additional business information including Payment Types, Hours of Operation, and Languages. Once you fill out this information correctly, click the “Continue” button.
3. This next piece asks you to choose a category and sub-category that fits your business’s description. Then click “Continue.” It is important to take time and choose categories that best fit your company because this will optimize your listing and get your customers to find your business!
4. The next section asks you to add specialities to highlight your business based on the categories you provided. Check all that apply and click the “Continue” button.
5. The last step shows a preview of your business listing. Verify that all information is correct, and check the box to agree to the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page. Click “Publish” to complete your free business listing submission. You should receive an email containing details that confirm your registration.
How to Upgrade to an Enhanced Listing
1. The initial process still requires you to go through what is outlined in steps one through five above. Except during step one, click “Get Started” next to “Enhanced Profile.”
2. Complete the process carefully and hit “Publish.”
3. Next, you must get in contact with Kudzu Sales Support by using this online form or calling 877-210-0044. Leave your business information and a sales representative will be in contact with you to continue your Enhanced Listing next steps.
UpCity members, please follow the pathway to complete this task in your UpCity account: Optimize Your Presence > Expand Your Presence > Local 201: Add’l Local Directories.
What is your experience with Kudzu? Let us know in the comments section below!