Online marketing can be tiring! That’s where UpCity comes in. As a trusted advocate for SMBs, we’re here to navigate you through the piles of confusing and suspicious offers. UpCity will lead you in the right direction by providing easy insights and simple solutions for your business marketing plan. Customers receive an in-depth, personalized action plan to help optimize their site, and our team is here to help you along the way. Each week, we’re featuring an in-depth look at one of the recommended tasks built into the UpCity software.
Background on Quora
Quora is a popular question and answer platform that users can create, organize, and edit questions. Answers to questions are ranked carefully by the community and kept relevant. Quora is integrated adequately with social media sites, making it very simple to share questions and answers you offer with your followers.
Users are required to use their real names, adding to both the quality of expert information and the level of details and expertise on the site. You can also create an account using Google, Facebook, or Google, enabling you to seamlessly connect with social media. You can search for topics with Quora around your area of expertise and start answering questions. You can also vote up other answers and start to follow other thought leaders in your space.
Quora is also beneficial for your search optimization strategy. As Quora is a website with a high PageRank, its get indexed much faster than regular websites. You also have the option to embed links within anchor text. Use keywords you’re trying to rank for in search engines as anchor text to increase your online visibility.
In this guide, we will show you how to create an account for your business on Quora. This guide also offers tips to optimize your engagement and connect with thought leaders in your niche.
How to Connect on Quora
Step 1. Start at Quora.com.
Step 2. Sign up using Google, Facebook, or Twitter to continue.
Step 3. Search for topics relevant to your industry in order to join discussions. You can add a question that may incite authorities and enthusiasts to respond.
Step 4. Once you find the topics relevant to your industry, you can select to follow it for updates.
Step 5. Click on a question related to your industry and leave a thoughtful answer.
Step 6. Some questions have responses from authorities all over the industry. We encourage you to engage, respond, and upvote user questions early and on a consistent basis. This process will help create value for your website and make a name for your brand.
Best Practices for Quora
– Post questions and take note of who views them. On your Views page, check out detailed metrics on your viewers and how they found out about your questions.
– Add an image to your profile. It can be off-putting on a social network to see a brand logo without a face. You may also want to think about adding images to your questions; this will help your business stand out in a sea of text.
– Insert links to your website, including your social media profiles. Your social media links will push updates to your other networks and get your audiences more engaged on those platforms.
– Share your answers across Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn, and Twitter in order to reach as wide of an audience as possible and drive more traffic to your own blog or website.
– Add Quora to your browser to make the sharing process as seamless as possible.
UpCity members, please follow the pathway to complete this task in your UpCity account: Become an Authority > Become an Authority Basics > Social Networking 101: Join the Conversation.