Online marketing can be tiring! That’s where UpCity comes in. As a trusted advocate for small businesses, we’re here to navigate you through the piles of confusing and suspicious offers. UpCity will lead you in the right direction by providing easy insights and simple solutions for your business marketing plan. Each member receives an in-depth, personalized action plan to help optimize their site, and our team is here to help you along the way. That’s why we’ve decided to launch this exciting new weekly blog series!
Social networking exploded into our lives in a big way over the past decade. The most popular social media sites, Facebook (with more than 1.11 billion users alone), Twitter, and Google’s YouTube and Google+, engage more people on these sites than ever before. In order to share content, people use social media buttons added to the webpages of multiple sites.
Adding social media buttons to your content connects your business to the social network and allows your message to potentially reach thousands of people across the web. Using these social channels as a marketing tool will undoubtedly benefit your business and increase its online visibility exponentially.
When people share and “like” your content or page, they are endorsing your business to their social communities. Endorsements leave a positive impression on peoples’ communities. Additionally, search engines see this sharing as a form of relevance to users, and it boosts the quality of a business’s spot in the SERPs accordingly.
Managing your reputation within social media takes a lot work without the proper applications. Feel free to try some social apps that gives business owners an advantage in the social landscape and search.
Today’s guide is going to teach you how to add “Like,” “Tweet,” “Share,” and “+1” buttons to your website.
Adding Social Media Share Buttons to Your Blog
1. Begin at ShareThis.
2. Select the content platform where you want to apply your buttons.
3. After choosing your platform, follow the instructions laid out on the next screen, and you should be all set!
Adding Social Media Share Buttons to Your Website’s Homepage
To Add a Facebook “Like” icon:
1. Begin at the Social Plugins for Facebook Developers page. Click on the “Like” section.
2. From here, you are directed to an assortment of fields including URL to Like, Width, and Height. Enter the correct information into the fields depending on the configuration and design of your site. Click Get Code to acquire the HTML5 code necessary to paste onto your site.
3. You will come to a screen with two text boxes with separate types of code. Follow the instructions to Copy and Paste in your HTML or theme file, and you’re all set!
To Add a Twitter “Tweet” Icon:
1. Begin at Twitter.com and login to your account.
2. Go to “About” on the left-hand side of the page.
3. Click “Buttons.”
4. Choose “Share a link.”
5. You will come to several fields and options that you can edit in order to configure your share button to the makeup of your website. Copy and Paste the HTML onto your theme or HTML file to complete the process.
To Add a Google Plus “+1” Icon:
1. Go to Google Developers.
2. Edit the parameters to generate your +1 button code.
3. Follow the instructions within the code text box. Copy the first section of the code, and then place it where you want it to show up on your website within your HTML file. If you have multiple spots you want the +1 button to appear, place the second code after the very last code of the first section.
Otherwise, if you only have one spot you want it to render on your webpage, copy the entire code and paste it there.
4. Once you complete this process, your page should be ready for sharing!
UpCity members, follow this pathway to complete this task in your UpCity account: Optimize Your Presence > Advanced Presence Optimization > Website 301: Adv Site Optimization.