Each week, we scour the web to uncover valuable articles and blog posts for our readers on the topics of inbound marketing, local optimization, search optimization, social media, and much more.
Welcome to this week’s edition of our inbound marketing article roundup. Businesses have a lot to gain this year when you consider the breadth of opportunities available. You can acquire customers through social media, email, and, most of all, your website.
There are a mountain of ways you can tackle growing your traffic. The best way, in our opinion, is still attracting visitors through high value content and retaining that traffic through testing new methods of marketing engagement.
Read through the top 25 inbound marketing articles for the week to see what we mean.
- Small businesses continue to see the value of investing in a better marketing budget. View the trends prevalent in small business marketing this analysis by BrightLocal CEO, Myles Anderson.
- What’s the difference between SEO and SEM? Which one is better for your website, and how do you benefit overall? Red Akrim puts together a shining post to inform us on the significance of search.
- Which acquiring links isn’t the sole form of SEO prevalence anymore, it continues to remain as one of the most important. Matthew Woodward compiles the views of 44 experts on their number one strategy for building links.
- SEO has become simpler than ever, yet still alludes some small businesses. Owners often have trouble making use of their SEO knowledge and carrying the actions to rank higher. Jayson DeMers fills us in on this topic.
- Social media is an incredibly useful tool that can drive traffic to your site. It can even give you paying customers with the right social media content and promotion strategies. Zhang Changjuan writes nine steps she took to reach her first 100 clients.
- User generated content is another way to get your visitors to create content directly for you. See how LinkedIn incorporated this concept into their site in this article by Andrei Petrik.
- Paying attention to what’s said about you on social media can pay back in dividends. But first, you have to listen to your customers, competitors, and the trends in the market! Check out this post by Shannon Byrne to learn more.
- Take your Twitter functionality to the next level by integrating Twitter Cards! View this smart detailed walkthrough on Twitter Cards and rich media by Nick Cicero.
- As a local business, you have the perfect opportunity to follow a few steps to immediately boost your rankings! Here are five DIY SEO tips for the seasoned local dentist marketer by Kate Proykova.
- Penguin was a Google update that hit a lot of business websites hard with online penalties. However, local business sites significantly benefitted from the update. Jason Hawkins presents seven tips to improving your local presence after Penguin’s latest iteration.
- Lizzie Thomson shows us how to get listed for free in Google Maps! This is a really helpful infographic you should keep in mind if you haven’t yet created your listing.
- Email marketing is an incredibly deep topic when considering how many you send to your customers over the course of their entire lifecycle. Jimmy Daly publishes one of Vero’s biggest and most detailed guides yet in this post.
- You think you’ve gotten everything right, down to the email design and copywriting. Inevitably, a few emails bounce, even though the addresses themselves are clearly valid. William Wickey nine reasons why our email communications sometimes go off the grid.
- Check out the 2015 email marketing practices for 300 small and large business marketers in this survey infographic by Denise Chan.
- It can be argued that interactive content is inherently social. In order to help yours perform at its best, Simon Thompson shares some important best practices we should keep in mind.
- 2015 is going to be a terrific year for content! However, you’re going to hear quite a bit of hype come out surrounding this, especially in the form of buzzwords. Joe Lazauskas shows us 10 content marketing buzzwords you should be aware of beforehand.
- Rob Rasko tells us why he’s bullish on content creators this year.
- Erin Hogg posts an insightful case study on how DB Squared increased its pageviews by more than 415% and unique users by more than 310%.
- With your content, it’s beneficial to think mobile-first. Alex Pinto lists some excellent tips to put into practice.
- Even with the mobile device, you should be thinking about the technical SEO it takes in order to be found online. Everett Sizemore writes up this guide to help outlines the techniques.
- Did you know that you can use customer feedback in order to increase conversion rates for your website? Sujan Patel demonstrates his process making use of constructive feedback in a post.
- Typography plays a big role in your website’s style and conversion rate. Mike Damman shares examples in his article of the effects of distinct types of typography.
- Talia Wolf presents seven tactics that increased ecommerce conversion rate for revenues by 550%.
- Crystal Shuller posts five reputation management tips for veterinarians (they are useful to keep in mind for any marketer from any industry).
- Even if your business isn’t steeped in technology, online reputation remains relevant. Justin Guinn, a researcher at Software Advice, puts together a top-notch case study on how online reviews affect the consumer buying process.
The list above includes some of the most interesting articles we caught in our streams this week. If you want to share other great inbound marketing news, please let us know below in the comments.