25 Excellent Blogs on Local Search & SEO
Experts are saying that local SEO is the new frontier of search marketing and SEO for 2013. And if the number of savvy blogs out there touting their local search prowess is any indication, it’s clearly the truth. So to help you stay on top of the ever-changing world of local search so you can start using the latest tips and techniques to stay ahead of the game, we’ve gathered up 25 of the top blogs on local search and SEO just for you.
If you recall, we did a similar roundup back in December. But you already have those excellent blogs in your RSS feed by now, so we’ve done something a little different this time around. The following 25 local search blogs (listed in no particular order) include some of the diamond-in-the-rough gems that go beyond the obvious thought leaders to provide you with insider tips and tactics they’ve learned from working with their clients. You’ll also find a couple general SEO blogs that happen to have a robust local SEO category. And of course, a couple familiar names in the mix as well—but these are all agencies and industry pros not included in our previous list. Sit back, relax with your RSS feed ready, and enjoy!
- Local Visibility System– Local Visibility System, as its name suggests, aims to help businesses gain visibility with local customers through local search marketing.And they’re giving away hordes of information totally free through their blog.
- Catalyst Local e-Marketing – Linda Buquet dishes out plenty of her expertise in local search at the Catalyst Local e-Marketing blog, most recently, an auto-updating feed of posts from the Local Search Community. Score!
- Small Business Search Marketing – Matt McGee is one of the most recognizable names in the online marketing field as editor-in-chief of Search Engine Land and Marketing Land (yep, pure genius, this guy). At Small Business Search Marketing, Matt shares some of his most valuable local search lessons—don’t miss the opportunity to learn straight from one of the most well-known gurus in all of search marketing.
- Optimized! By Mary Bowling – Mary Bowling blogs about all things SEO at her Optimized! Blog, and even offers a free, downloadable resource: The Professional SEO’s Blueprint to Local Search Optimization. Definitely a worthy resource for your ever-growing local SEO toolkit!
- Scott Gallagher – Scott Gallagher focuses on Internet marketing for local businesses, and his blog will keep you up-to-date on everything going on in the world of Google and SEO that will impact local search.
- Localmn.com – Learn about Facebook’s “Nearby” feature, using local events to your advantage and so much more at the Localmn.com blog.
- Local Onliner – Get the latest news on acquisitions in the local search industry, upcoming events for SEOs and other online marketing pros and more at Peter Krasilovsky’s Local Onliner. Peter happens to be the Vice President at BIA/Kelsey (which you’ll find in our other roundup of local SEO blogs).
- seOverflow – You’ll find an abundance of general SEO tips at seOverflow, but there’s a strong emphasis on local search topics.
- Small Business Mavericks – Caroline Melberg is a true marketing maverick with more than 20 years corporate marketing experience under her belt. You’ll find all kinds of marketing genius at the Small Business Mavericks blog, including more than 100 local-search focused posts to date.
- Rank Local – Rank Local reveals the seven secrets of local search marketing in a free download, and you can glean dozens of valuable tips just by keeping up with their blog—including a few roundups.
- Digital Eye Media – Digital Eye offers up some insights on local search, focusing primarily on how it relates to mobile marketing. If your goals include going both local and mobile in 2013, this is definitely one to add to your RSS feed.
- SEO by the Sea – SEO by the Sea’s local search category is packed full of valuable local tidbits. We’d be missing the boat if we failed to point out that their other categories are equally as informative.
- Local SEOD – Local SEOD brings the the world of online marketing full circle, with a focus on local SEO incorporating many of the other tools and tactics you’ve come to know and love. Think using Twitter to improve local SEO, Google Places, local advertising and more.
- Local Search Masters – Local Search Masters live up to their name with plenty of valuable advice covering the realm of local and online marketing. Stay up to date on industry news and find out about the latest local SEO tactics at the same time.
- Beyond the Pond by Paradux Media Group – While Beyond the Pond doesn’t focus solely on local SEO, there’s a ton of useful info here dedicated to the local aspects of search marketing.
- Local Splash – Local Splash covers all the latest happenings on the local search marketing industry, including actionable tips on using the latest introductions to the social sphere to improve your local presence.
- Brafton – Brafton’s claim to fame is content marketing, but they offer up plenty of valuable insights on local search via their blog. Take advantage of the plethora of resources they have on other aspects of the online marketing world, too.
- RevLocal – Get tips on selecting keywords, using social media apps, mobile for local search and more at RevLocal’s blog.
- Inform Local – Inform Local is a digital advertising agency offering industry-specific case studies, optimizing for local search, local PPC tips and more.
- LocalSEO.com – First and foremost, we gotta give these guys mad props for scoring their domain name. Where else to search for info on local SEO than at LocalSEO.com? And they don’t disappoint when it comes to content.
- Local SEO Sites – Local SEO Sites provides info on using the popular social platforms to boost your local search presence, engaging your customers and more—along with some great infographics you won’t want to miss.
- 50 Bubbles – 50 Bubbles reveals their insider secrets on increasing conversions through conversations, using PPC affordably and other insightful tips, along with their take on why Google is more local-focused than it may seem and other common local search myths and mysteries.
- SOS Complete – A full-service Internet marketing agency, SOS Complete offers a robust blog covering all things online marketing—but much of it is geared to local search news and local SEO tips.
- Organik SEO – Among all kinds of valuable SEO insights, you’ll find great information on using Google+ for local SEO (a topic you know we’re enthusiastic about if you’ve been following our blog), local business marketing and location-based search.
- Local Oxygen – Breathe a little O2 into your local search marketing campaign with tips from the aptly-named Local Oxygen blog.