Top 25 Free Website Grader Tools
You’re following all the latest inbound marketing advice, producing compelling content, adhering to your editorial calendar, engaging your audience on social media, managing your local search and overall SEO campaigns. Great job! So now what? How do you know whether you’re really using the right tactics and whether they’re making a difference in your online presence? Every business is different, so what’s working for everyone else might not be working for you.
Well, along with all those tools and apps available to help you manage your campaigns, there are tools to help you grade your website and make sure you’re on the right track with your efforts. And many of them are free. Here are the top 25 free website grader tools we recommend. What are you waiting for? You know you can’t wait to find out where you stand, so try ‘em out!
- UpCity SEO Report Card – Ever wonder why we’re so tool-obsessed? Well, we offer a couple of tools of our own that we happen to think are pretty sweet. Not to toot our own horn or anything, but our free SEO Report Card provides you with some in-depth details about how well your site performs compared to your competition. Get feedback on your rank, link building, on-site SEO and more. Give it a shot. We promise you won’t be disappointed!
- UpCity Local Report Card – Yeah, we talk a lot about the importance of local SEO. But we’re doing more than just talking with our free Local Report Card, which gives you a critical overview of your local visibility, with a rank analysis and insight into your local directory listings. Combine this report with our SEO Report Card for a broad overview of your online search visibility.
- HubSpot’s Marketing Grader – HubSpot’s Marketing Grader looks at your website, social media presence, blog activity, email marketing campaigns, analytics and even mobile responsiveness. Another worthy report for keeping tabs on your efforts and whether they’re paying off.
- Open Site Explorer – This free tool from SEOmoz provides in-depth data on your inbound links, your domain authority, page authority, total links, total domains linking to your site and more.
- The Reaction Engine – The Reaction Engine offers a free report analyzing your website’s URI against a specified key phrase. Get a content summary including keyword density and total word count for the various page elements, find out your ranking and how many pages you have indexed on Google and Bing/Yahoo, and much more.
- Pear Analytics – Pear Analytics’ Website Analysis Tool analyzes your site to determine your Alexa Rank, whether you have a site map, meta description, PageRank, page load times and much more. The results are provided in lists of things you should fix immediately, things you can fix over time and things for which you’re in the clear.
- Nibbler – Nibbler provides scores on accessibility, user experience, marketing and technology along with key takeaways and points for improvement.
- CrawlerFX – This tool analyzes the on-page factors contributing to your search rankings, including your Google PageRank, Domain Authority, Page Authority, inbound links, social media mentions, external links, keyword page density and much more.
- SEMrush – Get a free instant report analyzing your organic keywords, your biggest competitors are in organic search, search engine traffic, ad keywords and ad effectiveness and more. All of this is delivered in an easy-to-understand visual format—pretty impressive for a free tool.
- WebSiteOptimization.com – WebSiteOptimization.com offers a free tool to monitor your page load speeds. Simply enter your URI to calculate page size, composition, and download time—and get free tips on how to make it faster.
- SEO Workers Analysis Tool – This easy-to-use tool offers an analysis of the page elements which are important to SEO, such as meta descriptions, title tags and more. For each element, you’ll get info on why it’s important, whether it’s relevant and within range and useful alternatives for some of the more outdated page elements. You’ll even get an analysis of the most relevant keywords and key phrases for your page.
- SiteReportCard – Check for meta tag usage, find misspelled words and broken links, find out where you’re ranked in the SERPs, check link popularity and keywords and more with SiteReportCard’s free analysis tool.
- My Site Grader – Get a free, in-depth analysis of your website’s visibility and rankings, along with useful tips to improve both. You can also compare your site to up to three competitors using MySiteGrader.
- Analytics Checkup by Loves Data – Analytics Checkup by Loves Data is a free tool designed to help you get more out of Google Analytics. The tool checks your Google AdWords tracking, accuracy, goal setup, Site Search setup, default index page and more.
- WooRank – WooRank analyzes your site and provides a list of top recommendations, such as write more content, build more backlinks, use more consistent keywords and other tips that will improve your search rankings. The tool analyzes your visibility via traffic, social media, mobile optimization and on-site SEO elements, such as titles and descriptions.
- SuperMedia – Simply enter your website URI for a free report analyzing whether you have all the important SEO factors in place, including a site map, Facebook fan page, site description, keywords and more. You’ll get an overall score between 0 and 100, and you can download the PDF report for easy reference later.
- SEO Sorcerer – This report covers 19 core SEO test groups, more than 90 base metrics and hundreds of combinations for an in-depth summary and analysis of your site’s performance. You’ll get a search engine overview with data on where you’re ranked, a social interaction report analyzing your social media presence, HTML & CSS standards validation and much more.
- SitemapDoc – Find out where you’re ranked for certain keywords quickly and easily with this free tool. Simply enter your URI and keywords for an instant report of the top 64 results and find out whether you’ve made the list.
- eMarketing4us – This free website analysis gives your site an overall grade between A and F, along with recommendations on areas you need to focus on to improve your score.
- ReviewMyWeb – Enter your own site along with up to three competitors for a comparative analysis. Get an idea of where you stand on Google, Yahoo, blogging, social news, PPC and more.
- Impulse Creative – Find out if your site is search-engine friendly, what domains are linking to you and other on and off-site ranking factors that are affecting your visibility with this free analysis from Impulse Creative.
- SEOptimer – Enter your URI for your home page or any subpage to get recommendations to improve SEO. Get a list of specific actionable items, an analysis of your text/HTML ratio, a breakdown of your heading tags and bold text, internal links and more.
- Web SEO Analytics – Get some essential stats on your website with Web SEO Analytics’ free tool, which provides your Global Rank, PageRank, domain links, domain trust, number of backlinks from .gov and .edu sites, the number of pages you have indexed in Google and Bing and more.
- Alexa – Alexa’s free audit tool lets you enter your site URL for an instant report with your Alexa rank and the total number of incoming links to your site. Click on the number for a list of the top 100 sites linking back to you and on your domain name for detailed traffic stats, including an audience snapshot with demographics and more.
- W3C Markup Validator Service – Is your markup up-to-date? If you’re using outdated markup, you could be affecting your website’s usability, search-engine friendliness and even mobile compatibility. Check your markup validity in HTML, XHTML, SMIL and MathML, or use W3C’s other free tools to evaluate CSS markup and other coding languages.
Did we miss any? What website grader tools do you use most often? Share your recommendations with us in the comments below!