Top 25 Website Grading Tools
There’s plenty of grading tools available at your disposal when it comes to your website, but finding one that’s effective can be a bit difficult. Thankfully, we’re going to provide 25 of the best grading sites so you can see how your site measures up. With this being said, here’s a look at 25 of the best website grading tools available.
- UpCity SEO Report Card – Given our occupation, it should come as no surprise that we’re obsessed with online marketing tools. We offer tools that are more than likely what you’re looking for and we’re sure that our free SEO Report Card is your answer. Providing in-depth details regarding how your site will measure up to your competition, our report card will give you the feedback you’ll need to stay at the top of search results.
- UpCity Local Report Card – Let’s face it, local SEO is what keeps profits coming in and business thriving. Thankfully, we provide a free Local Report Card that offers a critical overview of the visibility your business has locally. In addition to the overview, our Local Report Card provides insight into your local listings and rank analysis. If you plan on combining the Local Report Card with our SEO Report Card, you’ll have no problem rising to the top searches regardless of your location.
- HubSpot’s Marketing Grader – HubSpot’s Marketing Grader investigates your mobile responsiveness, analytics, email marketing campaigns, blog activity, social media presence, and the inner workings of your website. Being fairly popular among the website grading community, the Webby-winning HubSpot Marketing Grader has graded millions and millions of sites in the past decade.
- Nibbler – Nibbler uses over twenty tests for website evaluation. The categories for the grading are broken down into technology, marketing, experience, and accessability. From here, the site gives you a 1-10 grade on how strong your site is in each of the categories.
- Quicksprout – Quicksprout focuses on your rank from an SEO perspective. It runs tests on your headings and shows you how effective your SEO practices are. In addition to this, Quicksprout also offers suggestions in regards to the keywords you should use for building your online presence.
- Open Site Explorer – Open Site Explorer is a free tool through Moz. It provides the in-depth information you’ll need regarding the total domain linking to your site, total links, page authority, domain authority, inbound links, and so much more.
- Google’s PageSpeed Insights – Your website page speed is incredibly important since it can make or break whether or not a customer decides to stay on your website. Thankfully, Google’s Page Speed Insights can give you an idea as to how fast your pages load and what you can do to speed them up.
- The Reaction Engine – Being a free report, The Reaction Engine analyzes your website’s URI against a specified phrase. From here, you’ll get a content summary that provides your site’s ranking and how many of your pages are indexed on major search engines.
- Clarity Grader – Clarity Grader checks your website copy to see if there’s anything that makes your text hard to understand. It takes a long look at bad language, spelling, reading level, passive voice occurrence, and long sentences, then helps you make adjustments accordingly.
- Pear Analytics – This website tool help you determine your website’s Alexa Rank, your page loading times, your page rank, meta descriptions, whether you have a map for your site, and so much more. Then, Pear Analytics provides a list of things that should be corrected immediately in the results.
- SEMrush – SEMrush is a free instant report that analyzes your organic keywords, ad effectiveness, ad keywords, search engine traffic, organic search competitors, and so much more. To make matters even better, all the information is presented in an easy to understand format.
- Alexa – Alexa is an excellent tool to get an idea of where your incoming links are coming from. Just type in your URL and an instant report will be sent right back to you.
- SimiliarWeb – SimiliarWeb essentially combines Alexa data, SEMrush data, and other forms of data to give you a bird’s eye view of the traffic visiting your site. To make matters even better, SimiliarWeb offers a free report.
- CrawlerFX – CrawlerFX analyzes on-page factors that contribute to your site’s search ranking. Other areas that get analyzed are your Google PageRank, keyword page density, external links, social media mentions, inbound links, Page Authority, Domain Authority, and so much more.
- SEO Workers Analysis Tool – Being incredibly easy to use, the SEO Workers Analysis Tool analyzes title tags, meta description, and other important forms of SEO utilization. When the tool reports each element, it will let you know what’s important and what’s unnecessary in your SEO strategy.
- ReviewMyWeb – ReviewMyWeb allows you to size yourself up against your competitors and see how you perform. The reports show you how your site stacks up against your foes on major search engines.
- SiteReportCard – This free analysis tool allows you to check link keywords and popularity, see where your site is ranked in the SERPs. discover broken links and misspelled words, check for meta tag usage and so much more.
- Ahrefs – Ahrefs is much like SemRush and Similiar report systems but offers more details such as link analysis and top referrers. To make matters even better, the site lets you know if your site is healthy or not.
- Analytics Checkup by Loves Data – Being a free tool, Analytics Checkup by Loves Data was built so you get more out of Google Analytics. It checks your Google AdWords default index page, Site Search setup, goal setup, accuracy, tracking, and more.
- SuperMedia/Dex Media – For SuperMedia/Dex Media, all you have to do is enter your website URI and you’ll receive a free report that analyzes whether or not you have every important SEO factor in place. Your score will fall between 1-100 and you’ll be given a PDF report so you can keep it on file.
- Impulse Creative – Impulse Creative is a free report that lets you know if your site is search engine friendly, which can do a lot of good for your business. In addition to that, the report lets you know who is liking to your site and what sites are hindering your visibility.
- W3C Markup Validator Service – If your markup is outdated, it could be hindering your site’s performance on mobile and notebook devices (which results in you losing traffic). This site allows you to check you markup on HTML, XHTML, and other coding.
- WooRank – WooRank fills in the blanks and provides your site with a list of recommendations that could boost the traffic on your site. Whether it be using consistent keywords, building backlinks, or writing more content, a WooRank might be one of the more beneficial reports to utilize.
- SitemapDoc – If you would like to know where you’re ranked in regards to precise keywords, SitemapDoc is your answer. All you have to do is enter your keywords and URI for an instant report. If you’ve made it in the top 64 results, feel free to pat yourself on the back.
- SEO Sorcerer – Covering 19 core SEO test groups and over 90 base metrics, you will have a full analysis of your site’s performance.
Editor’s Note: This blog post originally appeared in April 2013. It has been updated to reflect pricing & offering changes, as well as newly available tools and solutions.