Top 25 Free or Cheap Web Apps for Conversion Rate Optimization
Everyone’s talking about CRO. Conversion rates, after all, are pretty much the driving force behind success or failure in web marketing. Sure, you can be getting hundreds of thousands of visitors a month, and you’d have quite the accomplishment under your belt. But if those visitors aren’t converting, you might as well not even have them.
Don’t go through all the trouble of boosting your traffic and then allow your visitors to drop out of the funnel—there are dozens of free or affordable apps on the web that provide valuable insights into the key areas affecting CRO, such as visitor eye path, usability, landing page design, calls-to-action and more. We’ve rounded up 25 of the best free or low-cost tools you can start using today to improve your CRO. Not only are they affordable, but they offer actionable insights and real data you can understand and use, even if you’re not technically savvy. What are your favorite tools for CRO? Let us know in the comments!
- AttentionWizard – a heat map tool that helps you optimize landing page layouts, calls to action, colors, images, buttons and more for maximum impact. At the Bronze pricing level, AttentionWizard offers 10 heatmaps for just $27 each month.
- FiveSecondTest – just as its name suggests, FiveSecondTest gives users five seconds to look at your landing page and answer a short series of questions. Plans range from free (by offering feedback to other users in exchange for free tests) to just $200 per month, depending on how much feedback you want.
- LeadConverter – a tool that offers A/B testing, customized widgets to deliver the right messages to visitors at the right time and even real-time analytics, LeadConverter packs a CRO punch for $5 to $99 per month.
- Unbounce –an A/B testing tool, Unbounce provides users with landing page templates, a WYSIWYG editor, lead-capture forms, widgets and even third-party integrations to adequately build and test landing pages to optimize conversion rates. Prices range from $49 to $199 per month.
- InstaPage – a tool to help build free landing pages with no knowledge of HTML, complete with templates and a simple stats dashboard, InstaPage offers plans ranging from Free to just $49 per month.
- Experiment.ly – a web-based tool providing free visual heat maps and scroll heat maps, A/B Testing, conversion tracking and reporting, Experiment.ly is currently free—and, there’s a WordPress plugin.
- Feng-GUI – with an easy attention and attraction analysis, Feng-GUI is designed to help you improve the visual design of an ad or web page. It operates on a pay-as-you-go model, so you’re paying only for image analyses as you use them.
- Google Analytics – Browser-Size Analysis and Content Experiments – a goldmine for online marketers. There are plenty of tools within the Google Analytics interface to help improve your CRO. Specifically, Browser-Size Analysis and Google Content Experiments are just two of the recently integrated features to help you maximize conversions. And of course, it’s free!
- Visual Website Optimizer – an impressive set of tools for improving conversion rates, Visual Website Optimizer combines A/B testing, usability testing, heat maps, multivariate testing and even behavioral targeting in a single, easy-to-use application. You can get a 30-day free evaluation account to try it out, and after that, plans range from $49 to $249 per month and up.
- Concept Feedback – an easy way to get unbiased expert feedback on your landing page concepts, Concept Feedback has quick turnaround rates of 48 hours. For $99 per expert, you can get valuable expert analysis in just a few days—a great last step to take to fine-tune your final mockups before you publish!
- Conversion Voodoo – fine tune your calls to action and landing page design using any of several free tools offered by Conversion Voodoo. Conduct a readability analysis, test your site’s horizontal layout or use the Site Flasher Tool to get a feel for visitors’ first impressions. These tools are all free, but you can also hire Conversion Voodoo to optimize your landing pages.
- ClickTale – maximize conversion rates, improve user experience, analyze real-time data and more with ClickTale. Plans up to 400 page views per month are free, and you can opt for premium plans if you need more usage.
- Optimizely – with the goal of providing actionable data, Optimizely lets you track clicks, conversions, signups, engagement and other metrics essential for improving conversion rates. Plans start at just $17 per month for 2,000 monthly visitors and go up to custom enterprise-level pricing for higher traffic volume.
- Clicky – providing real-time web analytics, Clicky includes heat map analysis with the ability to segment by goals, conduct split tests and more. Get real-time notifications of conversions and new visitors within your Clicky dashboard or via a mobile app. Both free and paid plans are available based on your traffic volume.
- Crazy Egg – with heat maps, scroll maps, overlay reports and more, Crazy Egg is both a useful and affordable tool for CRO. And it costs just $9 to $99 per month.
- Reinvigorate – Reinvigorate your marketing campaign with heat maps, live visitor tracking and granular insights. Referral tracking and page-level details provide deeper insight into what’s working and what’s not, so you can make informed decisions to boost conversion rates. Plans start at just $10 monthly.
- UserTesting.com – Want a detailed synopsis of a visitor’s eye path, click patterns and even their train of thought as they navigate your website? UserTesting provides rapid delivery of this entailial feedback for just $39 per user analysis.
- Conversion Critic – get a free analysis, development tools and SEM resources with Conversion Critic (by Engine Ready) with apps to help you optimize, track and review visitor behavior for actionable data. Currently in Beta, it’s free for users.
- SpringMetrics – Segment, target and convert visitors with landing page analysis, performance reports, keyword analytics and intelligence, and more from SpringMetrics. The $49 plan includes one trackable site, two user accounts and the ability to track up to 15,000 visits per month.
- Woopra – an in-depth look at your customers’ behavior to help you configure and refine your landing pages and site elements to drive up your conversion rates, Woopra delivers “an unparalleled lifecycle view of every customer,” with live analysis and analytics you can take action on. After a 30-day free trial, you can opt for a free basic plan or purchase a package starting at $79.95 per month.
- GrayBit – not quite the typical CRO tool, GrayBit transforms your landing pages into a grayscale rendition. What good is this? It’s a valuable way to learn whether your page elements have appropriate contrast—one of the keys of CRO. Simple but free.
- Usabilla – get live feedback and instant, actionable data to boost conversion rates with Usabilia, which also provides tools to deliver dynamic messages and obtain real user feedback. Try it free with a 14-day trial, and if you like it, opt for plans ranging between $49 and $199 per month.
- Feedback Army – a simple and rapid way to get real user feedback, Feedback Army will deliver 10 responses from reviewers based on questions you submit. Cost? Just $20.
- Mint – analyze your data, get an inside look at subscription patterns for the past week, month or more, and plot out an ideal, above-the-fold design with Mint’s simple-to-use interface. It costs $30 per site and you’ll get access to the Peppermill, packed full of widgets and add-ons to get even greater functionality.
- GoingUp – track visitors and conversion rates, monitor sales, analyze your site and optimize SEO with GoingUp. And it’s totally free.
Latest posts by angela (see all)
- Top 25 Inbound Marketing Articles of the Week: June 28, 2013 - June 28, 2013
- Top 5 Common SMB Misconceptions About Vine (and Where Instagram Video Fits In) - June 27, 2013
- Top 25 Web Development Blogs For Beginners - June 25, 2013