Top 10 Affiliate Marketing Blogs to Learn From
As a fully engaged working professional, it is hard to find a side job that fits with the demands of your current business or organization but also has potential to become a sustainable, full-time endeavor. With affiliate marketing, the process of promoting another person’s or company’s products, you can earn commission and bring home a little extra income using dedication and hard work.
The benefits of affiliate marketing are location independence and the ability choose which products to promote. Also, your investment of time and energy directly correlates to the return you see. Depending on your availability and what you hope to gain from the enterprise, you can choose to be the type of marketer who sets up shop and passively waits for customers to come, or you can proactively spread the word about your favorite merchandise from prominent brand affiliates.
But where to get started? In this case, a little knowledge goes a long way. Learning the Internet landscape, smart affiliate marketing strategies and how to reach a wide audience will augment your success.
We have selected the top 10 affiliate marking blogs to guide your journey through the industry. Whether you are looking for tips, leads or tutorials, these blogs are useful resources.
- John Chow dot Com – John Chow can teach you how to live the Dot Com Lifestyle. Considering his blog went from making nothing to more than $40,000 per month in two years, he knows a thing or two about becoming time, money and location independent through online marketing. Learn about selling the right brand, building authenticity and gaining traffic in this video.
- LukePeerFly – Luke Kling, who describes his blog as “one giant affiliate marketing guide,” has good tips about increasing social media traffic, building websites, promotional methods and getting conversions. You can sign up for his free newsletter and check out his portfolio to get insight and ideas from his successful online projects.
- ShoeMoney – This blog, run by Jeremy Schoemaker, also boasts insider knowledge about obtaining the Dot Com Lifestyle. His philosophy and business model is predicated on three ideas: Embrace new trends and look for opportunities to exploit them; focus on what you know; and small changes can equal big revenue. ShoeMoney.com shares information on how to be successful amid the ups and downs of online marketing. Schoemaker also offers a free online training program.
- CharlesNgo.com – Charles Ngo, a well-known and respected Internet marketer, shares affiliate marketing strategies that help people work smarter, not harder. His blog posts cover how to launch an affiliate marketing campaign, why offers aren’t converting, how to get things done in a distracted world and much more. He suggests the best books to read on the subject and provides his own advanced training called the AFFcelerator Program.
- ZacJohnson.com – Zac Johnson’s blog contains more than 1,000 articles based on real-life experiences that exemplify lessons from the affiliate marketing industry. In recent posts, he gives tips on staying relevant, transitioning with a changing market to maintain a steady income flow and being successful in the travel marketing niche. Johnson’s blog also contains links to his recommended resources for marketers.
- Sugarrae.com – Confused about the lingo of affiliated marketing, how to generate fresh blog posts ideas or using Google Alert to find new affiliate programs to work with? Sugarrae.com, run by Rae Hoffman, is the blog to find answers to these and other nuanced affiliated marketing questions. Hoffman provides tips and tutorials to aid you in building passive income streams online.
- Affiliate Marketing Blog by Geno Prussakov – Geno Prussakov is the founder of AM Navigator, an affiliate management agency, as well as a consultant, author, blogger and international speaker. His blog delves into industry fundamentals and facilitates discussions about top customer acquisition strategies, creating content, managing affiliates and other topics. He also offers information about upcoming affiliate marketing events, conferences and tradeshows.
- High Paying Affiliate Programs Blog – Bill Burniece runs this blog and keeps it up to date with new posts every few days about making the most with online marketing. One of his blog categories focuses on the benefits of targeting the affluent market, but he also gives tips for getting started with affiliate marketing. Burniece’s blog was named the Affiliate Summit’s Top Affiliate Marketing Blog of 2013.
- Adam Riemer Marketing – Adam Reimer’s blog is easy to navigate and full of fresh ideas about affiliate program management, blogging, adware, monetizing your website and mobile advertising. After more than a decade of working in online marketing, Reimer writes, he started the blog to respond to questions he receives regularly from affiliates, search engine marketing professionals and bloggers. He has published an ebook titled “How to Make Money Blogging” that is available via his blog.
- Affiliate Marketing Blog – This is the source for affiliate marketing news and opinions from Shawn Collins, a co-founder of Affiliate Summit, the premiere affiliate marketing conference. During his approximately 20 years as an online marketer, Collins has garnered a wealth of valuable industry knowledge that he shares on his blog. Collins also offers a podcast, “This if Affiliate Marketing,” where he interviews guests so listeners can learn about the people of affiliate marketing.
If you take time to sift through these blogs, you will amass a wide variety of knowledge you can apply to your own affiliate marketing efforts. By building your skill level, learning from other industry professionals and investing your hard work, you soon can be making money any time and any place.
Editor’s Note: This blog post originally appeared in May 2013. It has been updated to reflect pricing & offering changes, as well as newly available tools and solutions.